Law In Order have been getting fit and raising money and awareness for cerebral palsy as part of STEPtember.
Our Community Social Responsibility (CSR) Collective organised a step challenge across all our offices in Australia. Twenty teams with five people each signed up and walked around their neighbourhoods daily. As you can see from the attached photos, Spring really turned it on for our walkers and we’ve had some amazing images from the daily rambles of our walkers.
Our teams walked a total of 31,000,000 steps and raised over $6,500 dollars.
STEPtember raises funds for vital equipment, research, therapy and services for people living with cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy is the most common physical disability in childhood. It’s caused by damage to the developing brain either during pregnancy or shortly after birth – directly affecting a person’s movement and posture for life.
The funds assist with:
- Identifying babies at risk and providing early intervention.
- Investigating stem cells as possible treatment for cerebral palsy.
- Providing essential mobility and communication equipment when it’s needed.
- Supporting children with disabilities and their families in regional and remote areas.
- Access to sport programs to increase motor skills, health and wellbeing.
- Technology solutions for high needs clients in areas of seating, mobility and communication.
To support STEPtember, you can still donate here.
We have also been supporting Scent With Love Candles. Part of the Hugs & Heroes program, each candle purchased buys a coffee for a frontline healthcare worker and a meal for 6 people in need through Buy them a Coffee and Ozharvest.
The 100% soy wax candle, produced by small Melbourne business Light and Glo, contains a blend of jasmine and sandalwood essential oils and has a burn time of forty hours.